HOW TO SET EFFECTIVE GOALS IN 2014
Wow, 2013 has come and gone. Before I pass my message for this month, let me use this opportunity to wish you a wonderful, gracious and prosperous new year.
I am sure you achieved some of the goals you set for 2013 (for those that set goals) and I am also sure you could not achieve some which you must have planned to continue this year. For those that set goals and achieved a majority of them I say Congratulations and to those that did not set goals at all, I say this is a new year with a new opportunity to achieve major things this year that would propel you to the next level in life.
Let me throw this question straight at you, HAVE YOU SET YOUR GOALS FOR 2014? If yes, join me as we review your goals together and if no, join me as we set your goals together. Either which way, you are very much invited as we move on. As usual don’t forget to bring out your biro and paper as we review the following questions together.
1. How successful do you want to be in 2014? Successful, very successful or averagely successful? What would you achieve in 2014 that would make it a successful year?
2. What do you want to attain in 2014? Remember, it must be realistic and it could be more than one. Could be a 1st class this semester (for students), could be a new business initiative or something you have been longing for.
3. What frustrated you the most in 2013 that you want to change? This is something you want to change and you are ready to give it all it takes to change it.
4. What made you happy and fulfilled the most in 2013 that you want to improve on?
5. What are the things you want to do consistently in 2014? You may want to read your bible daily, you may want to read daily, want to gain more knowledge daily, want to do exercise daily.
6. What would you do that would make you a better person in 2014? Read inspirational books this year, read more books relating to your course that would give you added advantage, attend seminars, go for empowerment trainings, and attend relationship symposiums.
7. What new thing (project, business, idea) do you want to start in 2014? Something you have not started before.
8. What relationship do you want to build in 2014 and what relationship do you want to destroy in 2014. What kind of connection do you want to build with people this year, and what relationship do you feel has affected you negatively last year that you need to break.
9. How much do you want to worth financially at the end of 2014 and what would you be doing to reach your estimated worth? Remember it must be realistic, factual and genuine.
10. How do you want to be of impact to your community in 2014, how do you want to make the people around you better in 2014? Remember, success is not complete without impacting those around you, and your immediate community.
11. How close do you want to be with God? I would advise you to be very close with God this year to claim all the blessing of this year, but it’s up to you. Be wise.
Put these questions down and answer them. Also remember to list all the benefits that would come your way if you can achieve all your goals for 2014. Rewrite the answer and the goals in three places. Put one in your diary, the second should be pasted on the wall of your room and the third should be written in your brain. I would also advice that you rewrite the benefit you would receive from achieving your goals and stuck it inside your purse. Each time you open your purse to take money from it, you would always remember that you still have a lot to achieve in year 2014.
CHEERS TO YOUR NEXT BIG SUCCESS STEP IN LIFE……
— Copyright © 2013 Seun Emmanuel Alaofin