I remember late 2009 when I was given admission into the prestigious Federal University of Technology Akure (NIGERIA), a very good friend of mine was still waiting to be admitted in the school of his choice.
Baffled with his current dilemma, I picked up my phone and called him. Being my usual calm self, I told him to take heart and exercise patience with a sympathetic and worried tone.
Some few hours ago my friend called me feeling worried and pitiful. He said, he just heard about the ASUU strike (a strike we just celebrated 5 months old). In short he told me to take heart and exercise patience because all would be well (now I can’t stop wondering If he wrote down my words the day I called him). He is in his final year already.
If they had told me that my friend would be finishing university before me, I would have laughed it off.
LESSON: You are far behind today, your mates have left you behind, you are not where you are supposed to be today does not mean that you would not get there tomorrow, even before those you think have gone far ahead of you.
Get ready, dust yourself from self pity, unnecessary complains, meaningless worries and rotten excuses. Stand up because you have enough resources within you to get to the level you desire. God has deposited enough inside of you to make you far better than you are today.
Remember, you have no right to blame your Situation or current circumstance if you are not ready to Stand Up and Utilize what you have Inside of you to bring out the best IN you.
God would help you, but you must also help yourself.
Seun Emmanuel Alaofin.
- RT @seunalaofin: No matter how successful your yesterday is, may it never be better than your today 🙏. 1 day ago
- RT @seunalaofin: A fool is seen as a wise man when he keeps his mouth shut. Silence is a powerful weapon that is underutilised. If you have… 5 days ago
- RT @Toba_official: If you want to be happy, do not dwell in the past, do not worry about the future, focus on living fully in the present..… 1 week ago
- RT @seunalaofin: You are not on this app to follow and unfollow. Connect, learn and love. Slide into someone's dm and say hi. Comment on s… 1 week ago
- RT @laqunlay: The world is full of people who gave up on writing their story and accepted what others thought of them. #ThoughtLeadership @… 1 week ago
- 44,245 hits