I remember late 2009 when I was given admission into the prestigious Federal University of Technology Akure (NIGERIA), a very good friend of mine was still waiting to be admitted in the school of his choice.
Baffled with his current dilemma, I picked up my phone and called him. Being my usual calm self, I told him to take heart and exercise patience with a sympathetic and worried tone.
Some few hours ago my friend called me feeling worried and pitiful. He said, he just heard about the ASUU strike (a strike we just celebrated 5 months old). In short he told me to take heart and exercise patience because all would be well (now I can’t stop wondering If he wrote down my words the day I called him). He is in his final year already.
If they had told me that my friend would be finishing university before me, I would have laughed it off.
LESSON: You are far behind today, your mates have left you behind, you are not where you are supposed to be today does not mean that you would not get there tomorrow, even before those you think have gone far ahead of you.
Get ready, dust yourself from self pity, unnecessary complains, meaningless worries and rotten excuses. Stand up because you have enough resources within you to get to the level you desire. God has deposited enough inside of you to make you far better than you are today.
Remember, you have no right to blame your Situation or current circumstance if you are not ready to Stand Up and Utilize what you have Inside of you to bring out the best IN you.
God would help you, but you must also help yourself.
Seun Emmanuel Alaofin.
- RT @laqunlay: Your Words are from what you know! Improve your knowledge and see yours words changing your world. #ThoughtfulTuesday 1 day ago
- RT @seunalaofin: It may go wrong, it may go right, celebrate your Life because there is something good about where you are right now! 3 days ago
- RT @dexteraPR: Cheers to a new beginning!! 3 days ago
- RT @laqunlay: Two things, two vital keys to your success, the people you know and the knowledge you carry. 3 days ago
- RT @seunalaofin: To avoid a very popular #menarescum kind of situation, If a guy invites you to his house and his friends start departing… 5 days ago
- 46,393 hits