TEN DO’S FOR ACHIEVING YOUR GOALS
1. Be positive: Note, the only person that can stop you from achieving your goal is you. Have a positive mind-set and never give in to any sort of negativity.
2. Be creative: Creative people rule the world. The best way to get a distinct and unique result is to open up your mind to creativity. Understand that creativity start from the mind, harness it. Use different unique methods and techniques to achieve your goals.
3. Be happy to achieve your goals: People that are not happy to achieve their goals, see their goals as burden thus making them to lose focus, direction and purpose. Fall in love with your goals.
4. Be articulate: Write down your goals. Goal setting becomes easier when they are easily accessible to always remind you of what you want to achieve, why you want to achieve and the techniques you would use to achieve what you want to achieve.
5. Be evaluative: Evaluate yourself on a daily, weekly or monthly basis, depending on the time limit you set for each of your goals. Check how you are progressing and compare with the level you expect yourself to be, and then make possible recommendations.
6. Be SMART: Your goals must be specific (what do I want to achieve). It must be measurable (would I know if I am progressing or I am still on one spot). It must be achievable (would you be able to achieve it or it’s a mission impossible). It must be realistic (does the goal look real to you). it must be time planned (your goal must have an expiry date. It my last for an hour, a week, a month or a year).
7. Be wise: Don’t set your goals to please those around you. Set your goals to make yourself better and well established, set your goals to make others better and set your goals to make your world better and not to impress people.
8. Be affirmative: Remind yourself every day that you can achieve your goals. It has been proven that what you tell yourself over time gets into your subconscious mind and it makes such thing easier to accomplish.
9. Be patient: Remember that Rome was not built in a day, so don’t expect your goals to be achieved in a day. You start getting the results after some time. Be patient and ensure that you give all it takes.
10. Be purposeful: To every goal comes a reason. Never forget the purpose of setting your goals. They serve as a motivator to achieving your goals.
— Copyright © 2013 Seun Emmanuel Alaofin