USEFUL TIPS TO OVERCOMING YOUR PROBLEMS
1. DON’T SEE YOUR PROBLEM AS A STUMBLING BLOCK: The first thing that come to the mind of most people with problems is that they begin to see their problems as a limitation to their success. The moment you begin to see your problem as a stumbling block, you start to have more problems because worry would set in, fear would set in, and these are other major problems on their own.
The truth is, the way you see your problems determines how they would affect you, if you see your problem as the wall of Jerico that cannot be broken down rather than opportunities in disguise, then the problems would affect you more than they are supposed to, but if you see your problem as an opportunity in disguise then you would be able to tackle them and get the message the problem is trying to pass across to you.
2. REMAIN POSITIVE: The greatest of men are known to always remain calm when they face problems. They are used to speaking positvely so when they face problems they still remain positive.
I once heard the true life story of two women that were kidnapped on their way home after boarding a bus. When they realised that they were kidnapped the first woman shouted ‘’ori mi ooo, mo ti ku ooo’’ meaning that ‘’my head ooo, I am dead’’, and immediately she fell down and died, but when the second woman realised that they were kidnapped.
She remained positive that she would be set free and indeed she was set free. Staying positive is one of the keys to solving your problems and when used well could help getting you out of difficulties. When you remain positvie, you put yourself in the right position to tackle your problems effectively.
3. LEARN FROM THE PROBLEM: There is no problem in this world that does not come with something new to learn from, and to every lesson comes a tangible solution. You must understand that it is not all about being positive and not seeing the problem as a stumbling block alone, but also about learning from the problem itself and looking for the way forward rather than complaining, worrying and giving excuses.
Every problem is just like an examination, and once you pass the problem you get elevated to the next level. Before every examination is a lesson that brings positive answers to the question set in the examination. The problem that did not kill you has just added to you, made you stronger, given you a new experience and has just tested you to know if you are fit for the next position God is taking you to.
Just imagine if the bear and the lion had not come to take David sheeps, he would not have had the experience and the confidence to kill Goliath. He did not see the wild animals as a stumbling block, but he rather remained positive, learned from the problem, studied the wild animals weak points and wrestled with them until he killed them and recovered his sheeps. So many people today would have abandoned the whole sheep on the sight of just one lion.
There is no successful personality that has not passed through problems, but the ability to learn from their problems and apply meaningful solutions made them who they are today.
4. REMAIN FOCUSED AND DETERMINED: There is no battle that can be won in life without remaining focused and determined and like a mentor of mine would always tell me, determination is the key to great achievements. Many people have learned from their problems, and they know what would take them out of this problem but they are not determined and focused enough to get themselves out of this problems.
5. HAVE SOMEONE YOU CAN ALWAYS SPEAK WITH: Not every body is fit to share your problems with you, and not everybody is fit to know your problems,but its advisable to have someone you can speak to, that would serve as an adviser and a mentor to you, someone that can monitor your progress and someone that is trustworthy and would always be willing to listen to you.
You must be able to be accountable to this person, and the person must be someone that is better and more knowledgible than you . This person would be able to give you meaningful advice, monitor your progress and also support you in prayers.
6. REMEMBER THAT GOD IS ABLE: There are three kind of people I know, those that remember God only when they have troubles, those that forget God when they have troubles and those that always serve God whether there is trouble or not.
The wise people fall into the third category.You did not create yourself, he created you, God knows you better than you know yourself and he is always ready to help you in times of trials and tribulations only if you call on him. He is a loving and caring father, a father who would not leave you to face your troubles all alone, he would always be there with you and he would see you through the difficulties.
Are your problems thicker than the WALL OF JERICO or wider and longer than the RED SEA? If GOD could solve those problems, how much more your own problems. He knows what you are passing through and he is ever ready to be with you if you are ready to let him in.
Seun Emmanuel Alaofin (SEA).