10 TRAITS FOUND IN A LEADER with KIKI AJAYI
1. VISION: A leader has a clear vision and a vivid picture of where to go, as well as a firm grip of what success looks like and how to achieve it. Leaders with vision have the ability to plan and work on the plan.
Good leaders create a vision, articulate the vision, passionately own the vision and relentlessly drive it to conclusion. Just imagine if Moses had told the children of Israel that he had come to take them out of the land of Egypt but he did not know where he they would be going to after leaving Egypt, nobody would have followed him. Vision makes follower to always follow the leaders lead.
2. INTEGRITY: Integrity is the integration of outward actions and inner values. A person of integrity is the same on the outside and on the inside, meaning that what he does when nobody is around is what he does when the whole world is around.
Honest dealings, predictable reactions, well controlled emotions and an absence of bad characters are all good signs of integrity. A leader who is centred in integrity would be more approachable by followers.
3. DEDICATION: Dedication means spending whatsoever time or energy that is necessary to accomplish the task at hand. A leader inspires dedication by example by doing whatsoever it takes to complete the next step towards the vision. When a leader is dedicated to his duties, his subordinates would be able to assist in making sure that his vision is a reality.
4. MAGNANIMITY: This simply means giving credit (showing appreciation) to people that deserve it. A magnanimous leader ensures that credit for success is spread as widely as possible. Reversibly, a good leader takes personal responsibility for failure and those not share the blame to those around them. This sort of magnanimity helps other people feel good about them and draw the team closer together. To spread the fame and take the blame is a hallmark of effective leadership.
5. HUMILITY: Humility is the quality of being modest and responsible. The highest levels of leader who are the level 5 leaders possess humility and fierce resolve. This trait requires sincerity and honesty. Humble leaders realise that they are no better or worse that the other members of the team, so this makes them behave well.
6. OPENESS: Openness means being able to listen to new ideas, even if they do not conform to the usual way of thinking. Good leader are able to suspend judgements while listening to other ideas as well as accepting new ways of doing things that someone else thought of. It helps to build mutual respect and trust between the leader and the follower. Openness allows the team to be well supplied with information that would take my vision to the next level.
7. CREATIVITY: Creativity is simply the ability to think wide and differently. It is simply doing the same routine work in a completely different way. Creativity gives the leader the ability to see things that others have not seen and thus lead followers in a new direction.
8. FAIRNESS: Fairness means dealing with others consistently and justly. A leader must check all the facts and hear everyone out before passing judgment. A leader must avoid leaping to conclusion based on incomplete evidence. When people are treated fairly, a leader is nurtured with loyalty and dedication.
9. ASSERTIVENESS: Assertiveness is the ability to properly say what you want and expect. So that there would be no misunderstanding. A leader must be assertive to get the desired result. Along with assertiveness comes the responsible to clearly understand what followers expect from the leader.
10. SENSE OF HUMOR: A sense of humour is imported into the life of the leader in other to remove tension and stress. Effective leaders have the ability to make those around them work in a happy and conducive environment.